INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal data from you when you provide it directly to us and through your use of the Website. This information may include:
- Information you provide us when you use our Website (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information you add to your account profile mine);
- Transaction and payment information, if you make any purchases from us or use our Website (e.g. credit/debit card details and shipping information);
- Records of your interactions with us (for example, if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media);
- Information you provide to us when you enter a contest or participate in a survey;
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (for example, what pages you viewed and whether you clicked a link in one of our email updates) . We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Website;
- Other information necessary to provide the Website, such as whether we may access your location if you give us consent.
Information we collect by automated means
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites;
- Search terms used to access our websites;
- Details about the emails we send, such as opens, clicks and unsubscribes;
- Detailed information about the devices used to access our websites (such as IP addresses, browser information, device information and operating system information);
- Details about your interactions with our websites (such as dates, times, length of stay and specific pages visited when you visit our websites, activity around referrals and which emails you may have opened);
- Information about activity in our stores, such as through closed-circuit TV for security monitoring or geolocation to identify traffic in our stores; and
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Depending on how you use our Website, your interactions with us and the rights you grant us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfill orders and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to any inquiries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalize the Website for you and show you the content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, purchase history and browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Website, as well as monitor the use of the Website.
- For market research, for example, we may contact you for feedback on our products.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, when we have your consent or are authorized to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud, and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, in accordance with data protection laws, to process your personal data:
- Because processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps before entering into a contract with you (for example, when you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process payments and fulfill your orders).
- Because we got your consent (for example, where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you agree to receive marketing from us).
- Because maintaining and promoting our services is in our legitimate interest as an e-commerce provider. We are always looking to learn more about our customers to deliver the best products and customer experiences. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Website, to make it more interesting and relevant to the products and offers viewed.
WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
Third-party service providers: We may use third-party service providers to perform some of the services described above. For example, we share certain information with service providers that assist in processing credit cards and payments, storing, managing and serving our data, distributing emails, performing research research and analyze, advertise, analyze or administer certain services and features. We may also share information about you with our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors, attorneys, insurance companies and bankers, if necessary. These service providers may change from time to time, but we will always use trusted service providers that we require to implement appropriate security measures to protect data. your privacy in accordance with our policy. We only allow them to process your personal data for specific purposes and, where appropriate, in accordance with our instructions and the provisions of this Policy and applicable law.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Managing or deactivating your account
You may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile, contact, payment and shipping information, at any time by logging into your account. You may also deactivate your account by emailing [email protected].
Opting out of email marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
Our Services are not designed for children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please contact us.
We work hard to keep your data safe. We use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data. This includes using Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) to encrypt many of our Services. No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure, however. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us.
DATA TRANSFERS AND PRIVACY SHIELD is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and entities in the United States and other countries. As such, we may transfer your personal data to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
When we transfer personal data from the European Union, the United Kingdom or Switzerland to the United States, we do so in reliance on an approved data transfer mechanism, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission. We also comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively (collectively, the “Privacy Shield Principles”). has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we are committed to resolving complaints about our processing of your personal data. EU, UK and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Privacy Shield program should first contact us. We have further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
Under certain conditions, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint.
is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
If we share personal data transferred to the U.S. under the Privacy Shield with a third-party service provider that processes such data on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired. When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.